As I sat down this morning to write my blog post I tuned in to feel what would be appropriate to write about today. What instantly came to mind was, we all want to be HAPPY. Happiness is a choice we all know that, in saying that reality is we all have challenging hours, days, weeks, where we feel flat, frustrated and/or overwhelmed. The goal is to minimise experiencing these not so comfortable emotions from hours, days, weeks to minutes of acknowledgement and release. So I have come up with a list of 8 simple things you can do today that will make you happier.
Remember, living a life through your true potential, expressing your inner voice of who you truly are, will bring you happiness.
8 Simple Things You Can Do Today That Will Make You Happier
1. Practice daily gratitude. Gratitude is a quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness. Being grateful shifts our conscious mind to thoughts of abundance and delivers calm loving energy to ourselves and another. Write a list each morning or night of five things that you are grateful for, focus your attention on this list for five minutes, get emotionally involved with your feelings of gratitude.
2. Have meaningful goals that you are working towards. As humans we require a sense of meaning to thrive. Setting goals is a powerful way to reduce stress and frustration, goals are what compel us to grow and drive us to greatness. Goals give us a sense of purpose and direction.
3. Get out and exercise. Move your body at least 4 times a week, even a short 20-30 minute walk. Find a form of exercise or movement that your body loves, that your body intuitively enjoys. When you feel better physically, you feel better mentally, helping you to develop a positive attitude and a feeling of happiness.
4. Spend time with family and friends. I read lately that staying in touch with friends and family is one of the top five regrets of the dying, hmmm doesn’t that hit you emotionally it did for me.
5. Get a good amount of sleep each night. Sleep helps our bodies recover, repair, focus and be productive. Getting enough sleep each night is important so you can function to your full potential throughout the day. Research has shown that sleeps affects our sensitivity to negative emotions. Click here to read my article, 10 Tips for Better Sleep.
6. Spend time in nature. As they say, ‘Nature is fuel for the soul’. When our souls are exposed to nature we naturally will have an increase in energy levels and heighten a sense of well-being. Nature helps us reduce stress, unwind the mind and restore our attention.
7. Slow down and breathe. When you give yourself permission to slow down and take some deep breaths it is amazing how different you feel. Put aside some time on a daily basis five to ten minutes where you can sit in silence and just breathe, try it you will be amazed.
8. SMILE. It sounds so simple but it actually does work. Here is a little exercise for you, smile right now, don’t you feel better instantly? When you smile you can not feel unhappy. So practice smiling more often, walk around the house, the street, even whilst you are driving your car ,just smile.
What are some simple things that you do on a daily basis that make you feel happy? I look forward to reading your ideas.
Much love and happiness,