I was out for a beautiful dinner last week with a girlfriend, we were talking about how unfortunate it is that so many people lack self-confidence and self love. I shared how the majority of my clientele come to me for this very reason. Feeling the depth of this lack is why I started my business, it’s definitely been my biggest challenge.
Make sure you read the full article all the way to the bottom, where I share the number one thing that has gotten me through my most challenging days.
If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living. – Gail Sheehy
Life is about growth. I made a commitment many years ago, that I would educate myself around human behaviour and spiritual growth throughout my entire life. I want to be the best version of myself that I can possibly be. My boyfriend always says; ‘Honey, personal development is not for the faint-hearted’, a profound statement. I know anyone that ventures onto my site, follows me on social media and/or becomes a client, are up for the challenge to live the best life possible. They are not here to settle for an average life, they are here to create an exceptional life. I am talking about you, A BIG congratulations, for taking responsibility to create change in your life, you should be very proud.
I have strong beliefs around nurturing young children from birth, throughout their childhood and teenage years. Guiding them to step into their own identity, allowing them to speak their truth, learn their own lessons and encourage their intuitive self to shine. Childhood is where everything begins, it’s where we learn all our behaviours, habits and beliefs, and it’s a critical time in our lives.
My self-confidence and self-love journey has been frustrating, challenging, complex to understand and at times tough to face, but I am so proud of myself for taking responsibility and doing the work. It truly has been the most rewarding experience of my life. I hope you are taking some time out to be proud of yourself and honour ever step of your life journey.
The 7 Things That Got Me Through My Most Challenging Days:
1. I gave myself permission that I no longer had to be perfect. What is perfect? There is no such thing.
2. I understood the importance of being kind and gentle with myself. Language is so important, the thoughts we think and our spoken communication is everything. Have you ever stopped and truly listened to your inner dialogue? Instead of criticising yourself, talk to yourself like you would talk to a newborn baby, be understanding and nurture yourself in loving ways.
3. I started to focus on what was going right in my life. Pay attention to all the amazing and exciting things in your life however big or small, write these things down on a daily basis and keep focused on the positive.
4. Read. Reading has been my saving grace. Its given me an understanding of my younger self in a way I never thought was possible, its given me the gift of knowing I am ok and there is nothing wrong with me. Knowledge is power.
5. I spend time doing things that make me happy. Write a list of the things that excite you, things that make you happy, make sure you add to this list often. Take action on this list and have fun!
6. Spend time alone. Outside influence can be a distraction when healing, I used to spend a lot of time on my own so I could find the answers internally. Instead of looking for your answers in the wrong places or in other people, look internally and trust yourself. Only you know what is right for you.
7. Practice Gratitude. Your energy vibration is everything. Everyday, write down a list of five things you are grateful for. Make sure when you are writing this list that you are getting emotionally involved and feeling the energy of gratitude.
8. Never give up! Most importantly, no matter how hard life gets, you must never give up, honour your commitment to yourself to live your best life.
9. Surround yourself with like minded people. Make sure the people around you are lifting you up, encouraging you every step of the way and telling you how amazing you are.
My number one thing that has gotten me through my most challenging days
Forming a strong spiritual connection with myself knowing that we are one with spirit, soul, God has been the number one thing that has gotten me through my most challenging days. By releasing suppressed emotion, meditating, silent reflections and journaling I developed a connection between my physical body and my spiritual self and understood that I am one with spirit. Not just knowing this intellectually, it’s a deep feeling of belief internally. Slowly, I began to understand and felt in the depth of my soul, that I am never alone, I’m always protected and to never be afraid.
My most challenging days were when I felt alone, where I felt like I had no where to turn. Of course I did, I had family and close friends, but I was shamed, I felt guilty and was embarrassed to share my truth, my honest thoughts and feelings, I felt trapped. Until the day my soul realised that I am never alone, I am one with spirit, soul, God. From this day everything began to change. It’s very important to understand that this was a deep feeling which formed a depth of understanding, it wasn’t just a thought.
Print each the nine steps out, so when you are having a challenging day you can turn to this list for guidance and support. I would love you to share in the comments below, the tools that you use when you are having a challenging day?
Wishing you a beautiful day and know you are never alone.