Let’s ask ourselves why we create boundaries? Why we put up walls to our surroundings?
It’s to protect ourselves. We create boundaries when we become fearful of being hurt or betrayed in some way. It’s when we feel someone or something is going to cause us to feel in a certain way that’s fearful, confronting and/or uncomfortable.
We start to create boundaries from a very young age, at that time it serves us well because we don’t know any other way to protect ourselves or cope in certain situations, it’s a copying mechanism. As we get older we begin to realise that boundaries aren’t serving us any longer, they are actually stopping us from feeling deep love within and from living authentically.
Dissolving boundaries makes us vulnerable, that’s why so many people find this process challenging. As we know vulnerability is us exposing ourselves emotionally, taking risks and feeling uncertain. Learning how to be vulnerable has been a challenge for me, an ongoing battle, it’s been so worth it though.
Your inner child can strongly resist this process of dissolving boundaries because it’s comfortable in a state of fear, anger, sadness, frustration because it’s been sitting with these suppressed emotions for a long period of time and these emotions have now become comfortable and feel normal.
The boundaries that we have created are not us, they are not our natural state of being. They create a very masculine energy, they can be harsh, dark, forced and out of alignment with our natural state. Once we begin to dissolve these boundaries, we start to feel a softness and our femininity. This is equal for male and female, as both genders have a combination of male and female energy flowing through them at one time.
There are many different boundaries that we create throughout our life time that need to shed layer by layer, this is an organic process and can’t be forced, it will happen naturally when the time is right for you. As each boundary dissolves and each layer is shed we start to feel more confident, more at peace within ourselves and our life starts to flow instead of feeling stagnant and out of alignment.
The process to dissolving boundaries that aren’t serving you any longer:
- Bring stillness to your day. Sit in stillness for five to fifteen minutes daily. No effort. No concentration. No focus. Just sitting in a comfortable position with your eyes closed and relax your body, whether that’s down the beach, in the gardens or on your bed, anywhere that’s tranquil. Your mind will be busy, specially as you begin a practice like this, this is normal, allow your thoughts to flow through and out of you.
- Incorporate a daily mediation practice.
- Allow yourself to ‘feel’ and release all emotions. It’s time to surrender to all emotion, allow yourself to feel what is ready to be felt and let go. As your consciousness heightens, you will naturally start to ‘feel’ more, this can be a beautiful experience. I will never forget when I first started to dissolve boundaries many years ago now, I started to experience goose bumps all over my body frequently, this had stopped for many, many years prior. I had suppressed so much emotion from early childhood and into my adult years that my senses were numb. It was an awakening to my emotions again, it brings tears to my eyes thinking about it. There will be uncomfortable emotions that present themselves also, emotion is just ‘energy’ shifting through the body, it’s your body talking to you it’s nothing to be afraid of.
- Listen closely to your inner intelligence (intuition). Those whispers, those silent voices that you hear ever so slightly is your inner intelligence talking to you, guiding you in the direction that’s right for you. Trust and act on this intelligence it’s never wrong, it’s always supporting you.
- Talk openly to those close to you about what you are experiencing. This is another beautiful way of letting go and releasing. Don’t be afraid to share what you are going through, you will be surprised how many people you know that are going through very similar experiences.
- Surround yourself with like minded, supportive people. You are never alone on this journey of life, you are always supported. Being around like minded people allows you to feel like other people understand what you are experiencing, they will inspire you.
- Surrender and let go, let go of trying to control anything in life. Let go of trying to answer all the questions that are going through your mind, let go of trying to control certain situation and spend more time in the now. As you become more in touch with just ‘being’, you will start to see your life flowing beautifully. You are being looked after, your inner intelligence is guiding you all the time, where you are right now is exactly where you are meant to be.
As you start to dissolve your boundaries you will feel inspired and liberated. Enjoy the process, it’s a part of everyone’s journey and it’s a gift you are being given to now step into alignment with your natural state.
Much love & gratitude,