We are all so afraid to slow down. We feel guilty if we take time out to just be.
It’s crazy when you think about it. This is not what life’s about, to feel rushed and panicked on a daily basis. We are here to feel calm, balanced and grounded.
Patience is still becoming my best friend. I have become more patient as I have gone deeper and deeper into my healing journey, I now understand where the impatience is coming from. It still creeps up now and then when I least expect it.
‘Our patience will achieve more than our force’ – Edmund Burke
If you think about it, What is the rush? Where is the feeling of impatience coming from? Where is the fear and anxiety around slowing down coming from? Spend sometime asking these questions and journaling through what comes to mind.
We live in a world where we are expected to go, go, go and not stop, it’s called the ‘rat race’.
Are you constantly moving from here to there, in a hurry to do this or working frantically to do that, for no other purpose than to get somewhere that you keep dreaming of? But then, you sit down one day and realise that all the moving, doing, and working is consuming your life and you are not actually LIVING your dream?
7 benefits of slowing down will allow you to;
1. Hear and Act On Your Intuition. To be able to do this, you need to become more consciously aware and present within yourself. Sit in silence, be still, breathe, feel, bring attention to your heart and listen to your intuition.
2. Achieve Bigger Goals. By slowing down you will naturally be more focused, with more clarity to be able to achieve bigger goals.
3. Make Less Mistakes and Make Better Decisions. You will respond to situations in a calm, grounded and guided way, instead of reacting in the moment. Slowing yourself down will also allow you to consider all your choices.
4. Stop Forcing Things. Everything in life is about timing, it will happen when and if it’s meant to happen. If we are forcing something, we need to stop and think, why are we trying to force this to happen? Slowing yourself down will help you realise, that most of the time the important things, do not happen quickly.
5. Better Communication In Relationships. Slowing down will allow you to be more present and aware in the company of others, enjoying your friendships, intimate relationships, business and career relationships in a different way.
6. Reduce Stress and Anxiety. When we are so busy, we run the risk of becoming physically and emotionally exhausted, which causes high levels of anxiety and stress. By slowing yourself down and stopping, taking some deep breaths, eating slowly, talking slower and driving the car slower, will help calm the body and release some stress.
7. Your Creative Mind Opens. If your mind is constantly bombarded with new information and business it will be hard to find room for creativity. Our creative mind flows when we are relaxed, calm and centred. Being in nature is also a great way to get your creative mind flowing.
What are somethings that you do to slow yourself down?
Have a beautiful day and keep shining,