Having problems sleeping? Lately I’ve had a few clients say they are having difficulties sleeping, so I thought I would share with you some tips to help you get a good night sleep.
As we all know, getting enough sleep each night is vital. We all live very busy live’s, running business’s, have young families, work high powered job’s and generally we all live the rat race.
Getting enough sleep each night is so important so you can function to your full potential throughout the day. Lack of sleep can effect everything from emotions, increase our chances of getting sick, and can be linked to weight gain in some people.
So, how many hours of sleep a night should we have? They say generally for adults 7-9 hours.
10 Tips for Better Sleep
1. Regular daily exercise, has shown to improve sleep quality. If you exercise at night, make sure you finish at least 3-4 hours (this is what I have heard) before going to bed.
2. No Caffeine after 2pm-3pm, caffeine is a stimulant so definitely avoid coffee, tea after this time.
3. Eat the right foods for dinner, avoid eating heavy foods or big meals late at night, it affects the digestive system and makes it hard to have a good night sleep.
4. Have a nice bath in the evening, to relax the body and calm the mind, add some beautiful natural bath salts with lavender oils.
5. Calm and free your mind. Reading is a great way to relax and calm the mind, meditate, and journal out any stress from your day.
6. Herbal tea in the evening. Some herbal tea suggestions to help you sleep; Chamomile, Valerian and Motherwort. You will find any of these teas at a good health food store.
7. Use an Essential Oil Diffuser in your bedroom at night. I use mine every night, it’s heaven I love my oils. Some great oils to help you sleep, Lavender, Sweet marjoram, Chamomile, Jasmine, Sandalwood and Rosewood.
8. Write in your gratitude journal each night before you go to bed. This only needs to take 3-5 minutes, jot down what you are grateful for. It’s a nice way to fall asleep thinking about the beautiful things in your life, rather than heading to bed in a stressful state.
9. Sleep with an eye patch, blocks out any unnecessary light that might be in your room, the darkness helps quieten the mind also.
10. Wear ear plugs, this will block out any surrounding noise and it quietens the mind down instantly. Obviously if you have young children this might be a little hard, if not give it a try it’s amazing how peacefully you do sleep.
Please share in the comments below, any other suggestions you have for a peaceful night sleep.
ENJOY a beautiful night sleep tonight.
Much love always,