10 Hot Tips Heading Into Summer!
Summer is just around the corner and I don’t know about you but I want to be looking and feeling fit and healthy. I thought it’s a perfect time of the year to make a couple of slight adjustments to your daily and weekly routines. I hope the below tips help you step it up a notch for summer.
- Eating healthy is all about being organised. Plan your week of food in advance, write a list on Saturday or Sunday of your meals for the following week and complete your shopping that day. So when Sunday night comes around, all your meals are planned, food is in the fridge and pantry is stocked, ready for a beautiful week of healthy meals.
- Increase your daily water intake and add some fresh lemon in your water. Lemon will enhance digestion and is fantastic for assisting in liver cleansing.
- Add a Green Juice to your daily diet, remember greens are alkalising; a beautiful juice celery, spinach, cucumber, alfalfa, parsley, lime.
- Instead of meeting with friends for breakfast or lunch, why don’t you suggest to meet at the beach or in the mountains and go for a beautiful long walk. Summer is a great time to become more active, embrace nature and the beauty around you.
- Eat organic berries, they are high in antioxidants; blueberries, cranberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries.
- Try and avoid sugars; sweets, chocolate, jams.
- Exercise daily for at least 20 minutes.
- Drink Rooibos Tea each day; This red tea is high in Vitamin C and other important minerals. Its antioxidant properties help to fight disease and signs of ageing. Rooibos is also known to be effective in treating skin diseases like eczema. It’s the caffeine free Green Tea.
- Have some ‘ME’ time. It’s a very busy time of the year, socially and work wise so make sure you schedule some ‘ME’ time each week. Quiet time reading your favourite book, meditation, book your self in for a massage, enjoy some time in the garden, there are many different things you can do. ‘ME’ time is so important, life balance.
- Allow yourself to have a good amount of sleep each night, so when you wake the next morning you feel ready for the day and refreshed. This is so important, it’s right up there as one of the most important things to do to stay in good health.
Enjoy and remember:
Consistency and Repetition = Sustainable Results
Nourish your body, nurture your soul,